lørdag den 13. oktober 2012

Volunteer work

Hi guys.. 

Its been two weeks since Ive blog last time. Ive had lots of things to think about, for example my original plan in coming to Bolivia, was to volunteer at a orphanage. Well, actually I already had chosen the orphanage and everything seemed perfect, but some unexpected things came up. After lots of frustrations, a couple breakdowns, emailing some volunteer organizations and Skype-ing with my parents I finally found an other place to volunteer - THE ZOO! :-) So now I am volunteering at Zoológico de Fauna Sudamericana in Santa Cruz de la Sierra. Its close to my aunts house, whom I am living with. Its about a 20 minute walk. I have been volunteering there for a week, and I absolutely love it! The other staff members are so nice, and actually there is a other American girl, Sally from North Dakota, whose volunteering there too. We´ve been volunteering together for my first week, and the next week, but then sadly she will be heading back home :-( But it was great to have her by my side, for the first couple of weeks, she is so sweet and helpful! 

Right now, and at my "cousins" mothers house watching "The Hangover 2", kind of funny :-) Maybe we´ll do something fun later tonight..

Kisses, N

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar